søndag 13. mars 2011

The long awaited update!

Hello, dear readers! (should you exist)


I would lie if I said that I've been too busy to update my blog, but I just have never got around to actually doing it. The tasks we have been given lately have not exactly been ones that are very representable at a blog either, but now! I have things to share with you again, and I will try to make updates come more regularly.

Sardine box
Some time after the new year, we were given the task to make the design for a box of sardines which would eventually be a part of a competition made by Stavanger Sardine Museum.
Many people chose to go the modern way, and try to make sardines which appealed to the youth, in a heroic task of trying to get sardines "hip" again. I too was originally thinking of approaching the task in this way, but for some reason I ended up on an entirely different idea, where I took a picture of an old street in Stavanger, and then traced it in AI.
I was rather pleased with the result, and I think it represents the sardines well, as Stavanger was pretty much the center of the industry.




My most recent project has been to make a poster for the educational website Vigo.no, which is where we have to log inn in order to get secure our school place for the upcomming year. The issue is that you have to remember to log inn and accept your place, in the middle of the summer. People have a way of forgetting, and therefor we were asked to make a poster which would remind people - even though they were out having fun in the good weather - that they must remember to accept their place.

Strengthen your country's education!
At this task I was stuck between two ideas, one of them being to just tell people straight out that they had to remember, with a big "YES" button in the middle. This idea was a very good contestant, but there was still something which didnt feel completely right about it. So I scratched the idea and went over on more nationalistic thoughts, where I wanted to play on that if you remember to accept your school place, you will help strengthen the country's education, and strengthen Norway as a nation.

In addition, me and a couple of classmates have started our own litte movie production company, I advice you to take a look at Vettsje.com

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar